A Jordanian resident bank account in JOD currency with special terms and privileges targeting the individuals who are legally competent to deal with banks and do not have any bank accounts at any of the operating banks in Jordan and they wish to make bank transactions within limits and costs that fit with their income and conditions, provided that the account balance should not exceed JOD 700.
Important Note: This account can only be opened from any of our branches.
- A Valid Civil ID / Military ID (In case of a military person).
- In case of Power of Attorney (POA): A certified copy of a valid POA in addition to all documents referred to for both agent and Client.
- For Clients with special needs: a diagnostic medical report showing disability type and degree /or the Identification Card issued by the Higher Council for the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.
- Cash withdrawals & Deposits.
- Cheques Deposits.
- Inward/ Outward Transfers.
- ATM Card.
- E- Channels Services: SMS, iBank Application and iStatement.
- Bank Certificates Issuance.
- Account Statement.
The following benefits are excluded on the account:
- Credit facilities.
- Cheque books request.
- Credit cards issuance.
- Credit interests or special prizes.
General Terms and Conditions:
- No minimum balance.
- Client should provide the Bank with an undertaking to inform the Bank in case of opening an account other than the basic account at any other bank.
- In case the Client receives frequent transfers for more than 6 months leading to exceeding the set limit, the Bank has the right to change the basic account into a normal account.
- In the event that there are other bank accounts or transactions for the Client, the Bank is entitled to charge the Client for all commissions and fees from which the customer was previously exempted, provided that the Bank notifies the Client.
- If there is a balance in the Client’s account without withdrawals or deposits on the account and the account holder cannot be reached within a period of more than 6 months, the account will be subject to terms & conditions of the dormant accounts.
The Bank is entitled to close the Basic Account in the following cases:
- The Client provides the Bank with false or misleading information.
- The existence of another bank account for the Client either before or after opening the basic account.
- The Client did not comply with the terms and conditions of the account.
- If there is no withdrawal or deposit on the account and the balance of the Client's account is zero and the account holder cannot be reached within a period of more than 6 months.