Adding an extra layer of security to your online transactions.
Visa Secure helps ensure that payments are made by the rightful owner of the Visa account, to make online purchases more secure. It aims to make your online transactions as secure, fast, and convenient as purchases you make in a store.
Visa Secure usually works behind the scenes when you're shopping online, using advanced technology to confirm your identity. If there’s any doubt – such as when you use a new device or make an unusually large purchase - you may be asked by your bank to provide more information to confirm the purchase.
Visa always offers comprehensive fraud protection to cardholders. With Visa Secure, you get an extra layer of security to protect your identify and your shopping experience online.
Visa Secure automatically applies to all Cards, so you do not need to register your Card individually prior to using your Card online. Once you sign the prerequisite application form together with these Terms of Service, the Bank will enroll you in the Service and a onetime passcode will be sent to you by SMS Message to the mobile phone number designated by you.
- Peace of mind in your online purchases.
- More successful checkouts.
- Minimal additional friction.
How does it work?
- When you use your Card to make an online purchase with a Merchant who uses the Service, and an authentication is required, a Visa Secure screen will appear, asking you to enter the one-time passcode we sent you by SMS Message, which will be used to verify your identity, in order for your purchase to be processed. When you enter your one-time passcode, you are accepting our Visa Secure Terms of Service.
- The passcode will only be valid for the Transaction for which you have received the passcode.
- If you cannot provide the one-time passcode, or the authentication through the service fails, the Merchant may not allow you to proceed with the Transaction.
- If you choose not to follow the guidance on screen when prompted, you will not be able to proceed with the Transaction.
What do I need to do to use Visa Secure?
- It is important to ensure that your personal information held by us is up-to- date (particularly your mobile phone number) so we can verify your identity.
- You must not let anyone know or use your one-time passcode. You must inform the Bank forthwith upon becoming aware that the passcode is being used by a third party.
- You must ensure that your mobile phone is able to receive an SMS Message, and you are responsible for any fee imposed by the mobile phone service provider.
- In order to use the service, you must have the ability to access the internet, and you must pay for any fees associated with such access.
What if I don’t have a mobile phone?
If you don’t have a mobile phone or you have not provided us with your mobile phone number, the Service will not be able to send you a passcode through SMS Message. You will see a message on screen asking you to call our Contact Center to register your phone number.
What do I do if I’m buying something online and no Visa Secure screen appears?
- The Visa Secure screen will not always appear. This may be because, for example, you are making a purchase from an online Merchant who doesn’t use the Service.
- If the Visa Secure screen does not appear, just proceed with the normal check out process.
Your one-time passcode or personal information will not be shared with online Merchants.
More details, please visit: https://ae.visamiddleeast.com/en_AE/run-your-business/small-business-tools/payment-technology/visa-secure.html